Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Milk and Cookies Party




This is my daughter Hannah's 5th birthday. She had a hand in planning everything. She even right before guest got there told me the time line she wanted! I am not kidding she sat me down and told just how things where going to go.
We used The TomKat Studio for all of the printables, half of which got left at home! But we made due with what I packed for the party. We used the milk and cookies party from her Etsy shop. Her pictures of the party inspired so much of what we did in ours.

First you may be asking "Where did you get those milk bottles?" That is what I asked myself anyways. Well they are nothing other than the Starbucks Frappuccino bottles with the labels pulled off!

After you pull the label off you are left with lots of sticky. What I did was let them soak in hot water with a little bit of Dawn and then scrubbed the bottles with a S.O.S pad. It came off super easy. I made sure to rinse everything really well. There you have it your very own milk jug!


The cookie tray I made myself with the help of Joy's Hope she has an amazing tutorial on how to make these carnival of tiered trays. I used a matching scrapbook paper as a liner before I put the cookie down because these are not food safe. The cupcake stand came from Wal-Mart. It is Easter season so I had plenty to choose from. The flower platters came from Hobby Lobby, but be carful they break really easy. We broke one before we even left the store! Guess that's what I get for taking all 4 kids to Hobby Lobby with me.



These are an idea I got from my sister~in~law. These are Moon Pies decorated with frosting. Should have known these would be a hit when they didn't even make it long enough to get a picture of them before little fingers swiped some frosting. The stand is just Styrofoam and left over wrapping paper.




The amazing Pomette's you see are from Pom Flair These made the party look amazing. As I went to put them up I had all my stuff I thought I would need. But then I go to unfold them and grab my roll of tape and what do I find?? Little stickies already on the pomettes! This made for easy assembly for sure.
 Tulle Table Skirt Tutorial is where I found this great table cloth. Of course theirs look better but this is only the first one of mine. I am sure to make more since I do have a huge supply of tulle. The trick I learned though is if you are sitting on the floor it is much easier and your bunches turn out lots better. I also cheated and hot glued the ribbon to the tulle. But if you had double stick tape you would be able to reuse everything. I didn't so used my ever handy glue gun.



For the kids I had a play dough table set up. I placed all the dough in a circle all around the table with animal cookie cutters. No chairs so each kid could move around easily. This was a hit! Even some of the adults got in on the action.

This is the favor and gift table.


The felt flowers where made by The Crafty Pearl I then placed them on clips for the little girls at the party.

Found these jars at Hobby Lobby and thought they would be perfect. They look like little milk jugs with lids. Then added peanut m&m's. Didn't have to buy the special colored ones because it is so close to Easter and these color matched up perfect. I made the felt cookies. I had planned on making one for each kid but ran out of time. So just used them for decoration. The poof wands are party favors for the girls as well but they make great decorations. They bring that pop of color. You can find these in my shop or on Facebook.


The party chair. That I made my self. You can find the how to's here

My little girl is 5!

Hairbow made by me. It is M2M the Gymboree line Tennis Match which by the way matches the party printables perfectly!


Can you tell this was after cruising the cookie table!
Her headband was made by Ribbons Buttons n Bows



My pretty little birthday girl!


That is the party in a nutshell! I want to send a huge thank you to all that had a hand in making this a perfect day for Hannah and Me!

THANK YOU!







3 comments:

Pom Flair said...

Lovely job! Your wands are so cute!

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

super cute party! thanks for sharing :) I love to see parties all day long...lol ~nancy~

Kristin said...

I LOVE this party!!! Fantastic JOB!!!